31 March 2009

Chocamutts

Yesterday or the day before I got a quiet moment with Trinh and asked, "Dear, did Mama tell you that Daddy has to go far away for work?"

"Yes," she replied. "Daddy, I'm going to miss you sooooo much!!  Will you miss me?"  

"Of course, dear," I said, and I meant it.  "Did Mommy tell you where I was going? To Belgium?"

Her eyes got big. "Ooohhh," she said, and the forlorn overtones suddenly vanished.  "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy -- will you bring me BELGIAN CHOCOAMUTTS?!? Mmmmmm....."

I suppose I will.

[Post-trip note:  I did buy chocamutts for both of my girls -- and it's a good thing I missed my flight back, or they'd have gotten junk from duty free.  I've been back a week now, and Trinhity has had exactly ONE chocolate.  But that just leaves more sanity medication for the big gurl.]

1 comment:

persephone said...

oh man, spoiled for life!