17 November 2010

Pilgrim Pride

One of the mom's from Trinhity's school volunteered to sew the pilgrim outfits and embroider each child's name on their outfit. Wow! The kids looked really cute for their Thanksgiving feast....
Here is our little pilgrim back in her classroom eating dessert...
For some reason she decided that she was too shy to take pictures with daddy...
I took her to school today and the Thanksgiving decorations were all put away and the Christmas decorations are all up. We adore the parents who decorated the classroom but we can't help but disagree on displaying Christmas at school before the Thanksgiving holidays are even here!! The kids are excited of course for the change but some of the children were confused since the calendar is still set on November. There is still two more days until the children break for the Thanksgiving holiday, couldn't it have waited?? Oh well.

One of the life lessons of parenthood: pick your battles. I am choosing to fight less and less these days.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is really cute! I'm surprised they even decorate for Christmas in schools anymore. Seems like they can only talk about winter now. ;) I would have to agree though...they could have waited until at least Friday afternoon to change out the decorations. When I taught I think I probably did it Monday morning after Thanksgiving!