06 February 2011

2010 Colorado Camping: town, etc.

Unbeknownest to me (while I was cooking dinner in the rain) she dug that shirt out of her pack, draped it over the steering wheel and took a couple pictures. Awww.

The shots below were from Buena Vista, and this might actually have been my favorite part of the whole trip -- ironic to have a town episode stand out on a camping trip, but whatever. We'd stopped by a cafe for lunch after driving down from the lake, and she noticed the free-for-all games. We started with this pile-the-blocks thing and had a hilarious time...
...then moved onto a full-blown game of Pictionary. She wasn't able to read yet then, so we got creative with the rules. It ended up being me reading AND drawing, then her trying to guess what I was drawing, and we'd only move our game piece if she got it right. Another storm blew through, so we weren't in a big hurry, and I was very surprised at how long her attention span lasted. We must've played for an hour or more, laughing ourselves silly. GOOD times.
A couple more shots that she took with she was running wild with the little camera....

That last one is from Scott & Tina's, but I slipped it into this series anyway. Heard the bear story about the Three Ponies? Uh, never mind....

No comments: